Funding, Prizes and Awards – 27 September 2022
AXA Chairs Grant – EOI Applications Now Open
Deadline for submission of EOI to Faculty: 12:00pm, Thursday 29 September 2022
The AXA Chair is the premium funding scheme of the AXA Research Fund. It aims at:
- Creating a dedicated full-time senior academic position in an institution.
- Supporting a significant acceleration in the development of a research field.
- Fostering a step-change in the career of the appointed AXA Professor.
The AXA Research Fund supports academic projects that contribute to better understanding global risks, in particular in the areas of:
- Climate and Environment
An AXA Chair will be:
- Awarded for a period of 5 years.
- Funded up to 200,000 euros per year for 5 years maximum.
- The prospective Chairholder is expected to be PhD +10 years minimum.
Please note: At equal level of excellence and transformational potential, preference will be given to institutions hiring a Chairholder from another Institution. AXA Chairs are not intended to substitute for an internal promotion.
Standards for Evaluation
Applications will be assessed against the evaluation criteria below:
- Potential to transform the considered research field.
- Feasibility of the Research Program.
- Chair outreach and engagement activities.
- Chairholder profile criteria.
Internal EOI Process
Monash University may only submit one application for this scheme.
- There will be a cross-faculty review process to select the applicant invited to proceed to submit their EOI to AXA.
- For applicants: Please complete the attached Expression of Interest form and your CV (max 3 pages + inclusion of a link to an online detailed CV) and email these documents to your Faculty by no later than 12:00pm (AEST) on Thursday 29 September 2022.
- An application in Pure is not required for the EOI. Only the selected application through the internal EOI process will need a corresponding Pure record.
Invitation to submit EOI to AXA
- Upon conclusion of the cross-faculty review process for the EOI, the successful shortlisted applicant will be notified of their submission outcome by the Monash Research Office (MRO) on or shortly after Thursday 6 October 2022.
- The selected applicant will be invited to apply to the AXA Research Fund.
- The selected applicant must ensure that they follow the funder’s requirements for submission (such as character limit) as the MRO will not be able to provide a comprehensive compliance check due to a tight timeline.
- The selected applicant will need to create a Pure record and inform the MRO by sending it to Pre-Approval for a compliance check by 12PM Monday, 10 October 2022.
- The funder’s submission deadline is Thursday 13 October 2022.
If you have any further questions, please contact the MRO Applications Team (email@example.com).