Sign up by 10 February
Pen Pal Program 2021
Inspire the next generation of scientists while ticking off the outreach, mentoring, and engagement boxes for your CV and grant applications.
This is a BDI ECR Initiative open to all researchers in the BDI.
- Register here before 10 February 2021 to take part.
- Launch event on Thursday 11 February 2021 (details below)
The Pen Pal Program matches a grade 6 student with a scientist to exchange three letters between February and May, 2021. You get to share your love of science, making an impact on aspiring young scientists. You will sharpen your science communication skills (including receiving some free training) and tick the community engagement box on your CV!
- Time commitment: 3 hours between February-May (including a 1-hour training session and three letters (approx. 30 min each to write); zoom drop in letter writing sessions will be available.
- Who: Everyone with a love of science! All BDI researchers are encouraged to participate.
- Requirements: You must have, or have applied for, a free working with children check.
- Register here before 10 February 2021 to participate.
The program launches next week with a Science Outreach workshop. Here you will learn tips and tricks for communicating science with school children from an expert, Laura Reid, BDI’s Outreach Education Coordinator.
- Date: Thursday 11 February
- Time: 9:30am
- Zoom: 870 7394 0066
- Passcode: 485907
This is BDI ECR Initiative open to all