Funding and opportunities – 19 May 2020
New Funding on Offer to Turbo Charge Australian COVID-19 Research
EOI deadline: Monday 1 June 2020
NOW OPEN (ONLY 2 WEEKS TO PREPARE THE EoI)
A SPECIFIC COVID-19 CALL IN THE MRFF BIOMEDICAL TRANSLATION BRIDGE (BTB Program, Round 3)
This scheme can provide up to $1 million to support eligible organisations develop medical device, diagnostics, prophylactic or therapeutic approaches that will achieve an impact on the global response to the pandemic in less than 12 months. Applicants must have matching funds from another source (cash, not in-kind).
This BTB program Round will fund COVID-19 projects with:
- A clear value proposition for the proposed medical device product or prophylactic or therapeutic approach;
- Differentiating features from currently available solutions or those in clinical development nationally and on the global market; and
- Delivery of impact in the current pandemic in less than 12 months.
For this Special BTB Round, the key differences are:
- Matched funding must be available immediately.
- No mentoring. Shortlisted EOIs will progress directly to Proposal submission. BTB Venture Partners will assist with the preparation of the confidential proposal.
Further information is provided on the BTB webpage, including guidelines, templates and FAQs
The expected key dates are:
- R3 EOI Application: 18 May – 1 June 2020
- R3 EOI outcomes: Late June 2020
- R3 Stage 2 Proposal: Late June – Mid-July 2020
- R3 Stage 2 Outcomes: Late July 2020
- Contracting: August 2020
- Project Start Date: From 1 September 2020
- Project End Date: By 31 August 2020
In you are interested in this call, please contact Karen McConalogue (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP.