Funding and opportunities – October 24, 2017
Advancing Women’s Research Success Grant 2018
Closing date: Monday 11 December 2017 at 5pm.
About the grant
Introduced in 2011 the program supports the career progression of early to mid-career high potential female academic staff with primary carer responsibilities. Grant applicants can seek up to $11,000 that can be used flexibly to enhance their research productivity and reduce the impact of career breaks and/or primary carer responsibilities on research outcomes. The program also offers an optional professional career coaching service, valued at over $2,000 per person.
Eligible applicants must be current Monash University academic staff members and be:
- employed at Level B or Level C (full-time or part-time)
- a female primary care giver during the period of the grant (1 April – 31 December 2018);
- in an ongoing appointment or a fixed-term employment contract which expires no earlier than 31 December 2018
- in a Teaching and Research, Education-focused or Research Only position;
- employed at one of the Australian locations of Monash University;
- hold a PhD.
. Level A staff can apply for AWRS grant if seeking promotion to Level B but must be Level B as at 12 February 2018.
. If a contract ends sooner than 31 December 2018, eligibility can be attained by the provision of a supporting evidence stating that a contract renewal is expected and that it will cover the period up to the 31 December 2018. This statement, completed by relevant supervisor, must be uploaded as part of the application process.
. This includes post-doctoral fellows but excludes Adjunct positions.
Note: Recipients of the 2017 Advancing Women’s Research Success Grant are not eligible to apply this year. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to seek clarification if needed.
For further information on eligibility, grant use and application process, please go to the Advancing Women’s Research Grant webpage.