Funding and opportunities – August 30, 2016
Australia-India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF): APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN – deadline 14 September 2016
- Round 10 of the Collaborative Research Projects under the Australia-India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF), which supports the objectives of the National Innovation and Science Agenda is now open (close 19 Oct).
- Grants of AU$500,000 to $1 million (exclusive of GST) per project will be provided over a maximum of three years.
- The programme supports a small number of projects to assist Australian researchers to collaborate with Indian research partners on projects with a strategic focus and leading-edge scientific research and technology in priority areas.
The programme guidelines and further information are available at www.science.gov.au/aisrf and http://www.science.gov.au/international/CollaborativeOpportunities/AISRF/Pages/applyingAISRF.aspx
Note: Only one application can be submitted for each of the two Funds (see below).
The Priority Areas in each Fund are:
Indo-Australian Science and Technology Fund
Advanced manufacturing and innovative technologies
· Material sciences and nanotechnology, including smart materials, energy materials, composites, alloys and polymers
· Smart cities and infrastructure technologies (including urban design, sensor technologies, real time data and spatial analysis, transport systems, cold chain logistics and storage, and waste management)
Survey, exploration and mining of natural resources (land and marine)
· Mine safety, environmental impact mitigation and waste management
· Mining technology development, survey and exploration techniques
Indo-Australian Biotechnology Fund
Disease control – tropical, lifestyle and emerging diseases
· Countering antimicrobial resistance
· Drugs, vaccines, immunomodulators and immunotherapeutics
· Biomedical devices and implants
Monash EOI process
Please complete the template attached and submit it with Faculty endorsement MRO via myResearch/Pure by 14 Sept 2016.
The MRO Proposal Development team (email@example.com) will support the selected projects in preparation of the Full Proposal.
EOI Due to MRO
14 September 2016
Projects selected to go to Full Proposal
by 21 September 2016
MRO internal close for compliance check
12 October 2016
19 October 2016
Will be held between 19 – 30 September 2016 and Registration is open now. Places are limited so bookings are essential. If interested, please register for an information session online.
For queries about the scheme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.